Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Getting 'Lost'

I've rarely watched a full series run of a dramatic show. No, make that, "I've NEVER watched a full run of a dramatic show." Usually about the third season, I'll lose interest in seeing what will happen to the characters. Granted, the only dramas I've bothered watching were Beverly Hills 90210 and Dawson's Creek, soap operas that they were, by the time I finished watching them -- I stopped at 90210's 1994-1995 season, and at Creek's third season -- I could care less if, say, it was revealed that Steve had actually spent seven years in high school, or if someone murdered all the pretty people of Capeside.

So, dramas and me haven't gotten along good for long.

Then, along came Lost.

I've been hooked since day one. I like that it answers a few questions about where the characters are coming from and why they were on the plane, yet at the same time opens up MORE questions. What did Jack do to his father? What was Kate's crime? And what about Locke, who foils the islanders' attempts for rescue? I think he knows something -- after all, he's the only one (save for maybe Danielle and Ethan) who's actually seen the Thing in the Jungle. I could go on and on with questions about this show, I've never been so intrigued.

One of the best sites for Lost fans is http://lost-media.com.

Almost forgot -- today is the birthday of Ian Somerhalder (Boone) and Dominic Monaghan (Charlie).

Tomorrow's Topic: Voyage to Hell: Searching For a Good Story at the Pirates of the Caribbean Section at Fanfiction.Net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home